Painkiller Poke Cake
The best part is that you can mix yourself a Painkiller to drink while you bake. It really couldn’t be finer.
- WHITE CAKE
- 3 cups King Arthur Measure for Measure Gluten-Free Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 8 oz unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup Earth Balance buttery spread
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 ounces (~50 ml) Pusser’s Rum
- 4 ounces (~120 ml) pineapple juice
- 1 ounce (~25 ml) orange juice
- 1 ounce (~25 ml) cream of coconut
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tub Soy Delicious Coconut Dairy Topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9"x13" cake pan with grease.
- Stir together the dry ingredients and set aside. Beat the eggs and the sugar together until creamy.
- Add half of the dry ingredients and beat again.
- Add the coconut milk, pineapple juice, Earth Balance, vanilla and almond extracts and beat to combine.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and beat just until combined.
- Divide the batter between the greased cake pans.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 35-40 minutes, until the cake is very lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove and let cool at least 30 minutes.
- Use the end of a long wooden spoon to poke holes in the cake. At least 1 inch apart.
- Mix your Painkiller cocktail. Make it double if you drinking along.
- Pour 1 full serving of Painkiller over your cake. Get it in all dem holes.
- Dump the coconut dairy topping on top, spread evenly.
HUGE MAHALO to Bare Feet in the Kitchen for the white cake recipe which was modified for this recipe – https://barefeetinthekitchen.com/best-gluten-free-white-cake-recipe/